Authentic Mekong Cruise - Mekong in close up 3days
Duration: 3 days Transportation: Bus/Car, Boat, Bike
Route: Saigon - Cai Be - Sadec - Long Xuyen
Languages: English Français Tiếng Việt (View map)
Authentic Mekong sampan is designed according to the traditonal sampans which have navigated on the Mekong flows. Long of 21.5m and wide of 4m, made of combined wood and woven bamboo, a typical traditional style well appreciated by people who spend all their life working and living on water.
For a pleasant and long cruise in comfortable conditions, the sampan is equiped with a well ventilated compartment which could be used as a diner room as well as bedroom with couchettes available for group of 2 to 30 persons maximum; besides one kitchen, three restrooms with showers, one terrace on the deck, a five- person- crew included the captain, one mechanic, the chief cook, one sailor and one guide, are at your service.
Passengers on Authentic Mekong will be amazed and integrated in their discovery of landscapes, of local daily life, of smiling and open hearted people of the Delta and of aquatic life anywhere they go with the sampan.
- Experience the Mekong Delta, its people, and its floating markets firsthand on a 3-day river cruise
- Discover the charming village of Sa Dec, until recently almost unknown to tourists
- Bargain with the traders on a floating market
- Relax aboard the comfortable ship
- Snack on fresh, juicy fruits and meet the locals
Accommodation: 07 cabins for max. 15 passengers (couchette, twin or double cabin)
Tour Price & Availability:
Day 01: Saigon - Cai Be – Sadec (L, D)
Embark Authentic Mekong Cruise and welcome drink around11h30 morning. We take a morning junk trip to Dong Hoa Hiep Island to explore evergreen islands and visit the former Imperial residence the traditional House, where surviving members of the Kiet family will welcome us with tea, and we can wander in the fruit orchards around the house. Then, go ashore to visit the French Gothic Cathedral and colorful port area, with its colonial buildings, delightful flower gardens and local coconut candy and rice paper manufacturers. Authentic Mekong Cruise boat set sails toward Sadec while lunch is served.We embark on Cai Thia for a pleasure walk/bike on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchards and local people's daily activities in Mythuan island.Authentic Mekong Cruise moor midstream for the night in Sadec. Diner and overnight on board.
Day 02: Sadec - Lap Vo - Long Xuyen (B, L, D)
Rising up early for another nice day we contemplate sunrise while having breakfast on board. Wetake small boat to visit bricks and tiles kilns and the manufacture of earthenware pots on a bank of river, then go to the heart of Saded town to visit the Sadec local market , following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras. Walks/Cycle amongst the ever blossoming Sadec flower village and local industries. Back to boat and enjoy welcome back drink while lunch is served. Authentic Mekong Cruise set sails through the canals of Lapvo with a magnificent landscape that come along the river banks: rural walks, farming, nursing farm, fishing, boating, smiling school children all in full swing. Enjoy traditional herbal foot massage on boat. Diner and while Authentic Mekong Cruise cruises towards Longxuyen.
Day 03: Long Xuyen (B)
Breakfast on board. Explore the long Xuyen market one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong Delta with hundreds of small boats barging and jostling for space as owners attempt to sell their goods. Visit Culao Ong Ho – a small island by the Mekong river enjoy the scenery and walk/cycle to visit villages the island, passing by farmers, children, villagers tendering their daily load. See local farmers trading their produce on the water as they have done for centuries. You will have a unique opportunity to discover a side of Delta life that few travellers experience. Back to board and have welcome back drink. Check out and disembark for your departure.
Note: The cruise program can be reversed down the river with route from Long Xuyen - Lap Vo - Sa Dec - Cai Be.
- Wooden cabin and private bathroom
- Welcome cocktail
- Meals as specified in the itinerary (02 Breakfasts, 02 Lunches, 02 Dinners)
- English/French-speaking guide on board
- Biking, sampan boat ride
- Sightseeing as specified including entrance fees
- Complimentary herbal foot massage
What's Not Included:
- Transportation by A/C private car from hotel in Ho Chi Minh City to the Pier in Cai Be/Long Xuyen and back
- Beverages, Travel insurance in tour
- Tips for tour guide, driver
- Expenditure of a personal nature, tips, such as souvenirs, laundry, emergency transfers & etc
- Others which are not mentioned above
Good to Know:
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Program can be vice versa
- Departure on Monday, Friday and Wednesday and just available for charter
- Peak season surcharge 20% of the rates will be applied for cruises on 24/12, New Year’s Eve 31/12 and Tet Holidays
- Special requests on food (diet or vegetarian) please inform us before departure.
- Optional Private Boat can be provided upon your request.
- A valid passport is required upon check-in on board. Children whose traveling documents are attached to parent’s passport must travel with the parent.
- If one person prefers to stay in a private cabin, the single supplement must be paid.
- Free of charge for children under 6 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 2 (two) adults.
- 08 days before departure date: No cancellation charge.
- From 3 to 7 days: 50% of total tour price
- Less than 72 hours – No Show: Full charge.
score from 0 review(s)
The guest reviews are submitted by our customers after their stay at Authentic Mekong Cruise - Mekong in close up 3days