Dragon Eyes - 2 Day Cruise between Saigon and Phu Quoc
Duration: 2 days Transportation: Bus/Car, Boat, Flight
Route: Saigon - Can Tho - Cai Be - Phu Quoc island
Languages: English Tiếng Việt (View map)
The Dragon Eyes is a vacation paradise for couples, families or friends. Cruising on the vast waters and the small canals of the mighty Mekong river is a great way to discover the Mekong Delta.
Cruise boat design
The two sister boats Dragon Eyes I and Dragon Eyes II were built in the traditional style of the Mekong Delta river boats. Their elegant, slender and shallow hulls enable the Dragon Eyes to cruise also the secondary side canals of the Mekong river which are too small for the larger cruisers to explore. There we find serene river front life that makes the Mekong Delta so unique.
At the same time the river cruise boats are big enough to provide you with ample space for relaxation and privacy. Each of the Dragon Eyes provides around 100 m2 for its guests. It’s like a floating hotel:
Two spacy private cabins (14 — 16 m2), providing a nicely designed bath room, a French balcony, sitting area, individual air conditioning, fans and fantastic Mekong river views through the panorama windows.
In the indoor panorama lounge you can watch the hustle and bustle of the Mekong Delta sitting in the cool and cosy front salon with air condition and large panorama windows and 270° views on the river.
On the sun deck on the top deck you can enjoy a sun bath while watching the scenery passing by. Indulge in the culinary specialities of Vietnam in the roofed outdoor restaurant or enjoy a sun-downer in your private bar on the top deck — all with fantastic river views.
Our crew of five will do their utmost to provide you with all the services and comfort you need during your Mekong Delta river cruise. Your captain and his deck hand are in charge of the technical details and the routing. An experienced chef and the service staff will take you on a culinary journey through Vietnam. Your personal guide and cruise director show you all the sights you need to see and will explain life and culture of the Mekong Delta. Our staff get regular safety trainings. They will do their best to fulfill the special requests of our customers to make their luxurious cruise unique.
The boats were built by local ship builders from following traditional designs. The cabins and the interior were build by Vietnamese master craftsmen. Most interiors and furnitures are built from exclusive tropical woods, where available with certification for sustainable forest plantation. All critical technical equipment like engine, navigation, rudder, air-conditioning, water purification or fire protection system are imported from Japan or Europe.
Tour Price & Availability:
Details of the routes and tour activities are for reference only. Final confirmation will be sent upon booking.
This 2-day tour starts on even dates (e. g. Sept. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.). If you would like to begin your tour on an odd date in Saigon you can book our 3-day tour to Phu Quoc.
Except from 27th Jan 2017 to 03rd Feb, 2017 - will be closed for Lunar New Year
If you are staying in Saigon, we will pick you up at your hotel (district 1 and parts of district 3). The drive to Cai Be takes about 2 hours and to Can Tho approx. 4 hours.
Day 1: Panorama Cruise (L, D)
In the morning we pick you up at your hotel (district 1 and parts of district 3) in Saigon and take you to Cai Be (approx. two hours drive). You board the wooden cruise boat around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through the village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board for fantastic photo opportunities along the river. Enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape. The boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner.
If you book this tour on our Gecko Eyes house boat, you will visit the forest of Xeo Quyt on the first day. During the Vietnam war this jungle was the headquarters of the local partisans. During rainy season when the water levels are high enough you can explore the labyrinth by rowing sampan. In the afternoon you will visit the small and charming town of Sa Dec.
Day 2: Floating market and travel to Phu Quoc (B, L)
Wake up well rested to the sound of the River and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing. At 6.30h the vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Rang floating market, one of the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants.
Directly after visiting the floating market our shuttle takes you to the waterfront town of Rach Gia and to the pier for the ferry to the holiday paradise of Phu Quoc (lunch box on the way).
The tour ends here. We will be happy to help you book a resort on the island and organize your trip back to Saigon.
- Transportation by A/C bus from hotel in Ho Chi Minh City to pier in Mekong
- Wooden cabin with A/C and private bathroom
- Meals as specified in the itinerary (B: Breakfasts, L: Lunch, D: Dinner)
- Private transportation from Can Tho/Cai Be (car with driver) to Rach Gia and hydrofoil ticket from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc
- OR transfer to Can Tho Airport and plane ticket to Phu Quoc
- English speaking guide on board
- Side trips on sampans as mentioned in the itineraries
- Sightseeing as specified including entrance fees
What's Not Included:
- Beverages, Travel insurance in tour
- Tips for tour guide, driver
- Expenditure of a personal nature, tips, such as souvenirs, laundry, emergency transfers & etc
- Others which are not mentioned above
Good to Know:
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Departure on Odd Dates
- Special requests on food (diet or vegetarian) please inform us before departure.
- Optional Private Boat can be provided upon your request.
- A valid passport is required upon check-in on board. Children whose traveling documents are attached to parent’s passport must travel with the parent.
- If one person prefers to stay in a private cabin, the single supplement must be paid.
Free of charge for children under 6 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 2 (two) adults.
50% charge for children from 6 to 11 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 2 (two) adults with an extra mattress.
75% charge for children from 6 to 11 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 1 (one) adult with a seperate bed.
*** For 03 cabins or less:
- More than 15 days before departure date: No cancellation charge.
- From 8 to 15 days: 50% of total tour price
- From 4 to 7 days: 75% of total tour price
- Within 72 hours – No Show: Full charge.
*** For 04 cabins or more:
- More than 45 days before departure date: No cancellation charge.
- From 32 to 45 days: 50% of total tour price
- From 16 to 31 days: 75% of total tour price
- Within 15 days – No Show: Full charge.
score from 0 review(s)
The guest reviews are submitted by our customers after their stay at Dragon Eyes - 2 Day Cruise between Saigon and Phu Quoc