HN 02: Full Day Hoa Lu & Tam Coc Tour
Duration: 1 day Transportation: car, boat
Languages: English Tiếng Việt (View map)
Just 110 km and 2.5 hours driving from Hanoi center, you have a chance to enjoy landscape in one of the most famous tourist province in the north of Vietnam. Most of backpacker chooses Ninhbinh as a stop-over for the trip through Vietnam. Among plenty of tourist sites such: Tamcoc - Halong bay on land, Cuc Phuong National Park, Vanlong Floating Chanel, Trang An Eco...
Hoalu - Tamcoc is perfect combination for a day trip to learn about a dark period when Vietnam was conquested by Northern Invader. Hoalu is a sacred land with two temple worshiping those kings in 10 century who gave great contribution for the nation. Next, lets take a boat trip along the Ngo Dong river to enjoy landscape in Tamcoc. You will know why its named Halong Bay on Land
8:00 am you will be picked up from your hotel lobby by our guide and driver then depart for the 2-hour drive through rural northern Vietnam to the site of Vietnam's first capital, Hoa Lu. Visit the temples dedicated to Emperor Dinh Tien Hoang of the Dinh Dynasty (968-80), and Emperor Le Dai Hanh of the Le Dynasty (980-1009). The ancient Hoa Lu Citadel (most of which has since been destroyed) once covered an area of three square kilometers.
Then depart for Tam Coc Town for a Vietnamese lunch.
After lunch board your sampan to visit Tam Coc to see the beauty of the karst formations as you pass along their base and row into one of the many caves carved through the limestone. Then, cycle for an hour on quiet roads through villages, rice fields, rivers and rocky outcrops in Tam Coc – Bich Dong (around 5 km).
Return to Hanoi where your full day trip ends at around 18:00.
Tour Price & Availability:
AM : 8:00 - 8:30. Our guide & driver will pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter, then leave by coach to Hoa Lu (2.5 hrs). Visit the historic capital of Vietnam and the famous ancient temples of Le and the Dinh Dynasties. Then our bus will transfer you from Hoa Lu to Tam Coc for lunch around at 12:30PM.
PM : After lunch, boat trip to visit Tam Coc to see the beauty of the karst formations as you pass along their base and row into one of the many caves carved through the limestone. Then, cycle for an hour on quiet roads through villages, rice fields, rivers and rocky outcrops in Tam Coc - Bich Dong (around 5 km). Dive back to Hanoi and drop off at your hotel around at 18:00PM.
Good to Know:
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.
- After boat trip on the river, the boat rower always expect the guests tip about 1$ or 2$.
- The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
- All rates on Tuntravel.com are subject to reconfirmation when an actual booking is being made.
- Tours price are net and non-commissionable.
- All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact us for new quotations.
- Itinerary Change to the confirmed itinerary may happen because of traffic, weather, or any other conditions not under our control such as war, strike, fire, acts of government, riot, etc. We will do our best to make sure that all the travel will be similar. Tun Travel can substitute the itinerary upon your agreement.
score from 1 review(s)
The guest reviews are submitted by our customers after their stay at HN 02: Full Day Hoa Lu & Tam Coc Tour