Luxurious Dragon Eyes - Exclusive 4-Day Cruise from Saigon to Phnom Penh
Duration: 4 days Transportation: Bus/Car, Boat
Route: Saigon - Cai Be - Can Tho - Chau Doc/Phnom Penh
Languages: English Tiếng Việt (View map)
The Dragon Eyes is a vacation paradise for couples, families or friends. Cruising on the vast waters and the small canals of the mighty Mekong river is a great way to discover the Mekong Delta.
Cruise boat design
The two sister boats Dragon Eyes I and Dragon Eyes II were built in the traditional style of the Mekong Delta river boats. Their elegant, slender and shallow hulls enable the Dragon Eyes to cruise also the secondary side canals of the Mekong river which are too small for the larger cruisers to explore. There we find serene river front life that makes the Mekong Delta so unique.
At the same time the river cruise boats are big enough to provide you with ample space for relaxation and privacy. Each of the Dragon Eyes provides around 100 m2 for its guests. It’s like a floating hotel:
Two spacy private cabins (14 — 16 m2), providing a nicely designed bath room, a French balcony, sitting area, individual air conditioning, fans and fantastic Mekong river views through the panorama windows.
In the indoor panorama lounge you can watch the hustle and bustle of the Mekong Delta sitting in the cool and cosy front salon with air condition and large panorama windows and 270° views on the river.
On the sun deck on the top deck you can enjoy a sun bath while watching the scenery passing by. Indulge in the culinary specialities of Vietnam in the roofed outdoor restaurant or enjoy a sun-downer in your private bar on the top deck — all with fantastic river views.
Our crew of five will do their utmost to provide you with all the services and comfort you need during your Mekong Delta river cruise. Your captain and his deck hand are in charge of the technical details and the routing. An experienced chef and the service staff will take you on a culinary journey through Vietnam. Your personal guide and cruise director show you all the sights you need to see and will explain life and culture of the Mekong Delta. Our staff get regular safety trainings. They will do their best to fulfill the special requests of our customers to make their luxurious cruise unique.
The boats were built by local ship builders from following traditional designs. The cabins and the interior were build by Vietnamese master craftsmen. Most interiors and furnitures are built from exclusive tropical woods, where available with certification for sustainable forest plantation. All critical technical equipment like engine, navigation, rudder, air-conditioning, water purification or fire protection system are imported from Japan or Europe.
Tour Price & Availability:
Details of the routes and tour activities are for reference only. Final confirmation will be sent upon booking.
PRICE: on request
This exclusive Mekong river tour on board the Dragon Eyes goes from Cai Be to Chau Doc and further to Phnom Penh via Can Tho on odd dates on board the Dragon Eyes boat (e.g. Sept. 3, 5, 7, 9 etc.). Driving time from Saigon to Cai Be is approx. 2 hours. We are more than happy to organise your trip to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat too.
Day 1: Panorama river cruise
In the morning we pick you up at your hotel (district 1 and parts of district 3) in Saigon and take you to Cai Be. You board your comfortable wooden river cruise vessel around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising towards Sa Dec. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong river. The cruise boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner. You stay overnight on board your floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
Meals: L, D
Day 2: Life on the water and visiting the island Cu Lao Gieng
Wake up early in the morning and enjoy seeing the Mekong Delta coming to life. This morning we arrive in charming Sa Dec for a city tour. There you can see the busy and colorful local market, enjoy a coffee on the nice riverside promenade and visit a nearby flower village with orchards. The charming town still has a lot of colonial architecture, in particular the old market, the church and many old villas and trader’s houses. We visit one of them, a beautifully renovated traditional house of a Chinese trader’s family. This sumptuous building belonged to the main character of the novel „The Lover” and indeed to the lover of Marguerite Duras (see below).
Back on bord, we curise towards the Island of Cu Lao Gieng. Located between Chau Doc and Sa Dec on the small island of Cu Lao Gieng, the monastery here was once an important convent. It could accommodate more than 1,000 people and included an orphanage, a school, a hospice and a leprosy centre. Today, Cu Lao Gieng is mainly a retreat for retired nuns. The large building is completely cut off from villages and located in the middle of fields and green jungle. You will be very surprised to see such an architectural impressive monastery in the middle of nowhere. If you have time you should take the opportunity to visit the Catholic monastery which was built on the island in 1875 by French nuns of Saint Paul de Chartres.
In the late afternoon we return to the Gecko Eyes vessel and enjoy a sunset cruise with more fantastic photo opportunities from aboard.
Meals: B, L, D
Day 3: Cruise to Chau Doc
The boat starts cruising towards Chau Doc early in the morning. After breakfast on the top deck, you can visit a floating fish farm and take part in an excursion to a cham village.
The Mekong river cruise ends after a delicious lunch on board. You will be transferred to your hotel and you can relax or explore for the rest of the day.
Meals: B, L
Day 4: Across the border into Cambodia
We transfer to the pier where you embark the speed boat for an exciting ride to Phnom Penh, your starting point for discovering Cambodia and the famous temples of Angkor Wat.
The trip ends here. Please contact us if we can help you organise your tour to Angkor or any further trips. Of course we will also be happy to arrange your transfer back to Saigon.
- Wooden cabin with A/C and private bathroom.
- Hotel in Chau Doc (Victoria Hotel - superior room or Regular Hotel )
Standard: Regular standard hotel
Deluxe: Victoria Hotel
- Public speed boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
- Transfer from the hotel in Chau Doc to the jetty for the public speed boat
- Meals as specified in the itinerary (B: Breakfasts, L: Lunch, D: Dinner)
- English speaking guide on board
- Side trips on sampans as mentioned in the itineraries
- Sightseeing as specified including entrance fees
What's Not Included:
- Transportation by A/C bus from hotel in Ho Chi Minh City to pier in Mekong
- Visa fee for Cambodia (you can get a visa for Cambodia at the border crossing where the speed boat stops for immigration; for this you need to bring 20 US$ and a passport photograph).
- Beverages, Travel insurance in tour
- Tips for tour guide, driver
- Expenditure of a personal nature, tips, such as souvenirs, laundry, emergency transfers & etc
- Others which are not mentioned above
Good to Know:
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Special requests on food (diet or vegetarian) please inform us before departure.
- Optional Private Boat can be provided upon your request.
- A valid passport is required upon check-in on board. Children whose traveling documents are attached to parent’s passport must travel with the parent.
- If one person prefers to stay in a private cabin, the single supplement must be paid.
Free of charge for children under 6 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 2 (two) adults.
*** For 03 cabins or less:
- More than 15 days before departure date: No cancellation charge.
- From 8 to 15 days: 50% of total tour price
- From 4 to 7 days: 75% of total tour price
- Within 72 hours – No Show: Full charge.
*** For 04 cabins or more:
- More than 45 days before departure date: No cancellation charge.
- From 32 to 45 days: 50% of total tour price
- From 16 to 31 days: 75% of total tour price
- Within 15 days – No Show: Full charge.
score from 0 review(s)
The guest reviews are submitted by our customers after their stay at Luxurious Dragon Eyes - Exclusive 4-Day Cruise from Saigon to Phnom Penh