Mekong Eyes Classic - 3 Day Cruise between Phnom Penh and Saigon
Duration: 3 days Transportation: Bus/Car, Boat
Route: Phnom Penh - Chau Doc - Can Tho - Saigon
Languages: English Tiếng Việt (View map)
Discover the Mekong Delta on board the comfortable Mekong Eyes Classic vessel!
The Mekong Eyes Classic combines regional boat-building traditions with modern comforts to become the perfect holiday vessel to cruise the Mekong Delta in style. At 39 m long and 8.5 m wide, the Mekong Eyes river cruiser was built out of an old, traditional rice barge with the finest quality wood, and artfully decorated by skilled craftsmen of the Mekong Delta.
14 Deluxe cabins private bathrooms
Panoramic window with river view
Bathrobe and slippers
Daily free mineral water
Unlimited tea and coffee available at our panorama restaurant
Safe at reception
Convertible bed configuration twin or double
Tour Price & Availability:
Details of the routes and tour activities are for reference only. Final confirmation will be sent upon booking.
Our cruise boat tours leave from Can Tho to Cai Be (on odd dates, e. g. Sept 1, 3, 5, 7 etc.) or from Cai Be to Can Tho (on even dates, e. g. Sept. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.).
Daily departures. Except from 27th Jan 2017 to 03rd Feb, 2017 - will be closed for Lunar New Year
If you are staying in Saigon, we will pick you up at your hotel (district 1 and parts of district 3). The drive to Cai Be takes about 2 hours and to Can Tho approx. 4 hours.
Day 1: Panorama River Cruise (L, D)
In the morning we pick you up at your hotel in Saigon and take you to Can Tho or Cai Be. You board your wooden river cruise vessel around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong River. The boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner. You stay overnight on board your floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
Day 2: Life on the water (B, L)
Wake up well rested to the sound of the Mekong river and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta. At 6.30h the cruise vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to the Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively market. On even dates, you will explore the small channels of the mekong delta around Cai Be with a small sampan or by foot. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. We will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or boat through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards.
The floating markets in the Mekong Delta are no tourist markets but wholesale markets where produce of the Mekong Delta like fruits and vegetables are traded. For this reason the number of boats on the market fluctuates depending on harvesting seasons and market demand. Furthermore, modern wholesale markets are becoming more popular in Vietnam. This can result in decreasing numbers of boats being present on the markets.
Disembark the boat at around 11.00 — 11.30h on the pier and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. Sit back in the shuttle (bus or car) and watch the water landscape from a land perspective until you reach Chau Doc where we bring you to your hotel.
Day 3: Across the border towards Cambodia (B)
We transfer you to the pier where you embark the speed boat for an exciting ride to Phnom Penh, your starting point for discovering Cambodia and the famous temples of Angkor Wat.
The trip ends here. Please contact us if we can help you organise your tour to Angkor or any further trips. Of course we will also be happy to arrange your transfer back to Saigon.
- Transportation by A/C bus from pier in Mekong to hotel in Ho Chi Minh City
- Wooden cabin with A/C and private bathroom.
- Hotel in Chau Doc (Victoria Hotel - superior room or Regular Hotel )
Standard: Regular standard hotel
Deluxe: Victoria Hotel
- Public speed boat from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc
- Transfer from the hotel to the jetty for the public speed boat
- Meals as specified in the itinerary (B: Breakfasts, L: Lunch, D: Dinner)
- English speaking guide on board
- Side trips on sampans as mentioned in the itineraries
- Sightseeing as specified including entrance fees
What's Not Included:
- Visa fee for Vietnam
- Beverages, Travel insurance in tour
- Tips for tour guide, driver
- Expenditure of a personal nature, tips, such as souvenirs, laundry, emergency transfers & etc
- Others which are not mentioned above
Good to Know:
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Special requests on food (diet or vegetarian) please inform us before departure.
- Optional Private Boat can be provided upon your request.
- A valid passport is required upon check-in on board. Children whose traveling documents are attached to parent’s passport must travel with the parent.
- If one person prefers to stay in a private cabin, the single supplement must be paid.
Free of charge for children under 6 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 2 (two) adults.
50% charge for children from 6 to 11 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 2 (two) adults with an extra mattress.
75% charge for children from 6 to 11 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 1 (one) adult with a seperate bed.
*** For 03 cabins or less:
- More than 15 days before departure date: No cancellation charge.
- From 8 to 15 days: 50% of total tour price
- From 4 to 7 days: 75% of total tour price
- Within 72 hours – No Show: Full charge.
*** For 04 cabins or more:
- More than 45 days before departure date: No cancellation charge.
- From 32 to 45 days: 50% of total tour price
- From 16 to 31 days: 75% of total tour price
- Within 15 days – No Show: Full charge.
score from 0 review(s)
The guest reviews are submitted by our customers after their stay at Mekong Eyes Classic - 3 Day Cruise between Phnom Penh and Saigon