From Angkor to Saigon - 7 Days with Douce Mekong Cruise
Duration: 7 days Transportation:
Route: Angkor Wat - Siem Reap - Phnom Penh - Chau Doc - Long Xuyen - My Thuan
Languages: English Français Tiếng Việt (View map)
Designed as a traditional rice barge, Douce Mekong is a modern river boat entirely made of wood that sets the exploration of the Mekong Delta in an authentic and elegant setting which perfectly fits in with the natural surroundings. It combines charm and comfort for a truly quiet cruise on the winding canals of the Delta. Travelers will be greeted by a caring crew both discreet and friendly who aims at maintaining a high-quality personalised service. On board Douce Mekong there is a quiet atmosphere in which one cannot help but relax and enjoy the never-ending exquisite landscapes that unfold along the river.
Cruises aboard Douce Mekong offer multiple travel experiences. Journeys include several excursions along the tiny canals, across the countryside up to small villages. When on board, as the river barge sails along the river, the emphasis is laid on relaxation and well-being. Douce Mekong cruises wonderfully conjugate adventure and comfort, thanks to itineraries allowing an authentic exploration of the Delta and to a crew eager to offer a most unforgetable journey.
- Experience the Mekong Delta, its people, and its floating markets firsthand on a river cruise
- Discover the charming village of Sa Dec, until recently almost unknown to tourists
- Bargain with the traders on a floating market
- Relax aboard the comfortable ship
- Snack on fresh, juicy fruits and meet the locals
Accommodation: 04 cabins for 9 passengers, double beds and twin beds, triple cabin (possible connected cabins)
Tour Price & Availability:
Day 1: Angkor Wat Temple (D)
Today we will Visit Prasat Kravan with its unique brick sculptures and Ta Prohm. One of the area's most beautiful temples, Ta Prohm has been relatively untouched since it was discovered and retains much of its mystery. Its appeal lies in the fact that, unlike the other monuments of Angkor, it was abandoned and swallowed by the jungle, looking very much the ways most of the Angkor temples appeared when European explorers first stumbled upon them. Visit as well Takeo, Chau Say Tevoda and Thommanon.
Dinner and overnight at Prince d’Angkor hotel.
Day 2: Angkor Wat(B, L, D)
Breakfast at hotel.
In the morning, visit the most famous of all the temples on the plain of Angkor: Angkor Wat. The temple complex covers 81 hectares and is comparable in size to the Imperial Palace in Beijing. Its distinctive five towers are emblazoned on the Cambodian flag and the 12th century masterpiece is considered by art historians to be the prime example of classical Khmer art and architecture. Angkor Wat's five towers symbolize Meru's five peaks - the enclosed wall represents the mountains at the edge of the world and the surrounding moat, the ocean beyond.
Lunch at local restaurant. Aftenroon visit the ancient capital of Angkor Thom (12th century). See the South Gate with its huge statues depicting the churning of the ocean of milk, the Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, the Elephants Terrace, the Terrace of the Leper King and Bayon Temple (unique for its 54 towers decorated with over 200 smiling faces of Avolokitesvara), until sunset. Dinner local restaurant and accommodation at hotel. Tonight we will enjoy diner with traditional Khmer folk performance of Apsara. Overnight at Prince d’Angkor hotel in Siemriep
Day 3: Siem Reap - Phnom Penh (B, L, D)
Breakfast at the hotel. We then visit Banteay Srei temple (10th c), regarded as the jewel in the crown of Classical Khmer Art. Continue to Ta Prohm, one of the area’s most beautiful temples. Ta Prohm has been relatively untouched since it was discovered and retains much of its mystery. Lunch at hotel. In the afternoon, transfer to airport for the flight to Phnompenh. Arrival transfer to the hotel. At leisure to walk in the city and and explore the local market. Dinner at local restaurant and overnight at hotel.
Day 4: Phnom Penh - Chau Doc (B, L, D)
Breakfast at hotel followed by the city tour. A visit to Phnom Penh is a very interesting experience indeed. It is a city with an interesting pulse and it gives you a very true taste of Asia. We will visit the Wats Phnom, National museum, silver Pagoda and Royal Palace. Afternoon we will take the boat to Chaudoc, the boat ride leaves at 13pm and arrives Chaudoc at 5pm. Enjoy the cocktail drink on sundeck. Diner and overnight on boat.
Day 5: Chau Doc - Cho Moi - Long Xuyen (B, L, D)
This morning we take a sampan for a cruise through the floating fish-farm village producing tons and tons of fish beneath hundreds of floating houses, discover the ethnic Cham village with famous Mubarak Mosque and observe local women at their traditional weaving. The Le Cochinchine boat set sails toward Longxuyen while we enjoy cocktail over the sunset and spectacle scenery along the river bank when the sun come down. Overnight on board
Day 6: Long Xuyen - Sadec - My thuan(B, L, D)
Explore the long Xuyen market one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong Delta with hundreds of small boats barging and jostling for space as owners attempt to sell their goods. Visit Cu lao Ong Ho and enjoy the scenery and walk /cycle to visit villages the island, passing by farmers, children, villagers tendering their daily load. See local farmers trading their produce on the water as they have done for centuries. You will have a unique opportunity to discover a side of Delta life that few travellers experience. Board our boat and leisurely cruise down the Mekong River while enjoy aperitif with canapé .
Le Cochinchine drops anchor at the entry of Longxuyen for the night.
Dinner and overnight on board Lecochinche.
Day 7: Cai Be Floating Market(B)
After breakfast on board over splendid sunrise on the Mekong.
Explore the lively Cai Be floating market in early morning.
Walking amongst the lush vegetation to visit the handicraft villages and meet with local people.
Sightseeing the old house and sample various tropical fruits.
A small boat trip through rivulets of Tan Phong islands. A pleasant walk or cycle on the footpaths of the village to discover tropical fruit orchards.
11h00 Disembark in Caibe. Transfer to Saigon. The cruise concludes.
- Transportation by A/C bus from the pier in Mekong to hotel in Ho Chi Minh City (drop-off at Cinnamon Hotel Saigon, 74 Le Thi Rieng D1, HCM city
- Airport Transfers
- Wooden cabin with A/C and private bathroom
- Welcome cocktail
- Meals as specified in the itinerary (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner)
- English/French-speaking guide on board
- Biking, sampan boat ride
- Flight Ticket from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh (economic class)
- Sightseeing as specified including entrance fees
- Complimentary herbal foot massage
What's Not Included:
- Visa fee (Visa fee on arrival at Cambodia border: 25 US$/ person, 1 passport photo)
- Beverages, Travel insurance in tour
- Tips for tour guide, driver
- Expenditure of a personal nature, tips, such as souvenirs, laundry, emergency transfers & etc
- Others which are not mentioned above
Good to Know:
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Peak season surcharge 20% of the rates will be applied for cruises on 24/12, New Year’s Eve 31/12 and Tet Holidays
- Special requests on food (diet or vegetarian) please inform us before departure.
- Optional Private Boat can be provided upon your request.
- A valid passport is required upon check-in on board. Children whose traveling documents are attached to parent’s passport must travel with the parent.
- If one person prefers to stay in a private cabin, the single supplement must be paid.
- Free of charge for children under 6 years old is applicable for 1 (one) child sharing a cabin with 2 (two) adults.
- 08 days before departure date: No cancellation charge.
- From 3 to 7 days: 50% of total tour price
- Less than 72 hours – No Show: Full charge.
score from 0 review(s)
The guest reviews are submitted by our customers after their stay at From Angkor to Saigon - 7 Days with Douce Mekong Cruise